Singing with us
Membership is open to all proficient choral singers. We require a commitment to consistent practice and excellent performance. In return, we guarantee challenging, rewarding musical and educational opportunities with supportive, welcoming, and fun-loving friends and colleagues.
Rehearsals are held Wednesdays, 7-9:30 pm at Lakeside Presbyterian Church 201 Eucalyptus Drive, San Francisco, Corner of Eucalyptus and 19th Ave. by Stonestown Mall). We have three concert cycles in a season with rehearsals for each starting the first Wednesday in September, January, and April.
Auditions are held in September, January, and April at the beginning of each concert cycle. They are conduct by our Music Director Larry Marietta and consist of tests for vocal range and ability to hear and repeat musical intervals. Singers are also asked to sing My Country 'Tis of Thee (in a key of their choice) or a song of their choice (please bring the score).
We encourage interested singers to join us for our rehearsals, singing along with us, before the interview to get a feel for the group. Please come a few minutes early to fill out a new member form and pickup music. We usually set up a table to the left as you come in the main entrance of the church. Some will be at the table to assist you and answer an questions. Interviews are held immediately following rehearsals around 9:30pm.
- Your voice part (soprano, alto, tenor or bass)
- A short description of your singing experience
- Your availability to attend one of our first three regular rehearsals and audition times
|Summer 2014||April 9, 23 & 30|
Dues are currently $90 per concert cycle, or $270 for the entire season. We provide music, charging a copy fee of approximately $10 per cycle. Practice music is usually offered for download from the chorus website.
- Pants: formal dress pants
- Skirt: mid-calf to ankle length, straight hem, formal concert style
- Top: 3/4 length or long sleeves, moderate to high necklines, jackets are okay
- Fabric: matte true black. Avoid lacy, shiny, sparkles or see-through fabrics
- Accessories: black hose, black dress shoes, simple jewelry, bright makeup, and pulled-back hair
Men wear their own black tuxedos with white shirt and black bow tie. They may alternatively wear a black blazer and dress slacks with white shirt and black bow tie.