Membership is open to choral singers with varying experience. We ask for a commitment to consistent practice and excellent performance.
In return, we promise challenging, rewarding musical and educational opportunities with supportive, welcoming, and fun-loving friends and colleagues.
Rehearsals are held Wednesday evenings from 7-9:30 PM. We take a short break with refreshments at 8:15.
We rehearse at Lakeside Presbyterian Church: 201 Eucalyptus Drive at 19th Avenue, San Francisco. Lakeside is easily accessible via public transportation (the M or K train lines and 23, 28, 29 and many other buses close to the church). There is also ample street parking available.
We have three concert cycles in a season with rehearsals for each starting the first Wednesday in September, January, and April.
Auditions are held following our first three rehearsals in each cycle. You will meet with our conductor, Larry Marietta, during your audition. Together you will cover the following:
- General questions about your choral experience, based on information completed by you on your audition form.
- Singing a song of your choice that illuminates what you feel are the best facets of your voice. This can be an “art song” or aria, but could also be a folk song, Broadway show tune, hymn, or Christmas carol. An accompanist will be provided.
- Evaluation of general range and quality of tone by the director
- General exercises of tonal memory and sight-singing
- Immediate feedback from the director
For the summer 2017 concert cycle, the audition dates are Wednesdays April 5, 12, and 19. (If you need to arrange an audition for a different date, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.) Auditions take place after our weekly rehearsals. We invite all prospective singers to join us for rehearsal to get a feel for our group. Please arrive a little before 7 pm at the beginning of rehearsal to get acquainted and tell us a little more about yourself.
Audition Sign-Up Form
Dues are currently $110 per concert cycle, or $300 per year if paid in full in the Fall. Music fees range from $10-25 per cycle. (NOTE: If paying the dues is a hardship, please contact the Treasurer.)
Women: Black formal wear: pants or long skirt, top or jacket 3/4 length sleeves or longer.
Men: Black tuxedos (or black suit) with white shirt and black bow tie.